Bachelor’s degree or acceptable experience in the transportation services, or closely related field. The experience and/or training may include transportation program management, school transportation operations, fleet operations, vehicle maintenance/procurement, budget administration, employee management, and personal computer operations; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience, which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Tennessee driver’s license.
The purpose of this is to plan, coordinate, and direct the Transportation Program and system-wide bus maintenance to ensure safe and efficient transportation of personnel and students.
· Designs and supervises the transportation system of the entire school system
· Assumes responsibility for recruiting, training, and evaluating all drivers, substitute drivers, and mechanics
· Plans and develops system-wide transportation routes; reviews transportation schedules to ensure efficiency
· Stays knowledgeable of all state and local policies and regulation concerning the school bus transportation program
· Recommends to the Director transportation personnel to be employed by the board
· Plans in-service training programs for transportation personnel
· Supervises the maintenance of school buses
· Assists in budget preparation
· Assumes responsibility for communicating with the highway department of the local governmental body when necessary
· Assumes responsibility for the implementation of safety practices and procedures
· Recommends school closing due to inclement weather as appropriate; supervises transportation services for mandatory evacuation.
· Prepares various reports and submits to appropriate federal, state, county, and/or school system agencies/personnel.
· Responds to complaints and questions related to department operations or activities; provides information, researches problems, and initiates problem resolution.
· Performs general/clerical tasks, which may include answering telephone calls, typing documents, making copies, sending/receiving faxes, filing documentation, or processing incoming/outgoing mail
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned.
Salary Range: $48,000 – 55,000
Applications for Special Education Teachers and Assistants
Please call Kim at 615-746-1407 if interested in applying for any of the following positions:
102 Elizabeth St. | Ashland City, TN 37015 | Ph: 615-792-5664 | Fx: 615-792-2551
Cheatham County School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or handicap in the operation of its educational programs and activities including employment practices.