The Cheatham County School District will host Kindergarten Registration Week April 13-17.
Children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 15, 2020, in order to be eligible to start kindergarten in the 2020-2021 school year.
Parents can register their child at the elementary school in their zoned area during regular business hours the week of April 13-17.
The annual Kindergarten Round-Up will be held on Friday, April 17 from 5-7 p.m. at each elementary school. School staff will be available with parent information and tours will be provided.
When registering for kindergarten, please bring the following documents:
- Proof of child’s age (birth certificate, passport, tax return, medical record, etc.)
- Up-to-date immunization record (must be on official state of Tennessee form)
- Proof of physical exam (must be up-to-date on official state of Tennessee form)
- Custody/Guardianship papers signed by a judge (only if child is not living with both biological parents)
- Three current proofs of residence (examples: utility bills, driver’s license, rent/mortgage agreement, auto registration, voter registration, bank statement).
For more information regarding the registration process or the Kindergarten Round-Up, call your local elementary school or the Cheatham County Board of Education at 615-792-5664.