School Support Organizations
School Support Organizations (SSO) are a valued resource and much appreciated supporters of our students and schools. Volunteers with our SSOs work hand in hand with our schools and are required to follow certain guidelines and policies as defined in the Tennessee Code Annotated 49-2-603 (School Support Organization Financial Accountability Act - S.S.O.F.A.A.) and Cheatham County Board of Education Board Policy, titled: School Support Organizations.
SSOs must be approved by the principal of the school they are affiliated with and the Director of Schools or his designee. Each SSO must provide documentation annually that shows their financial activities, the volunteers in charge of the SSO, that the SSO is a registered non-profit in good standing and, if applicable, has been federally recognized and retains active status as a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Cheatham County School District offers an annual SSO training and informational meeting. The meetings are usually held in September once SSOs are approved.
All annual SSO paperwork is due June 15.
Any questions about an organization’s validity or legitimacy should be directed to Angela Patterson at 615-792-5664 or email@example.com.
• East Cheatham Elementary PTO
• Harpeth High School Volleyball Club
• Sycamore High School Band Boosters
• Sycamore War Eagles Football Association
• Sycamore War Eagle Wrestling
• Harpeth Fastbreak Club
• Cheatham County Central Football
• Pegram Elementary PTO
• Harpeth High School Band Boosters
• Kingston Springs Elementary PTO
• Pleasant View Elementary PTO
• Sycamore High School Boys Basketball Association
• Sycamore War Eagles Women’s Basketball Association
• Harpeth Takedown Club
• Harpeth High School Football Booster Club