School Support Organizations
School Support Organizations (SSO) are a valued resource and much appreciated supporters of our students and schools. Volunteers with our SSOs work hand in hand with our schools and are required to follow certain guidelines and policies as defined in the Tennessee Code Annotated 49-2-603 (School Support Organization Financial Accountability Act - S.S.O.F.A.A.) and Cheatham County Board of Education Board Policy, titled: School Support Organizations.
SSOs must be approved by the principal of the school they are affiliated with and the Director of Schools or his designee. Each SSO must provide documentation annually that shows their financial activities, the volunteers in charge of the SSO, that the SSO is a registered non-profit in good standing and, if applicable, has been federally recognized and retains active status as a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Cheatham County School District offers an annual SSO training and informational meeting. The meetings are usually held in September once SSOs are approved.
All annual SSO paperwork is due June 15.
Any questions about an organization’s validity or legitimacy should be directed to Angela Patterson at 615-792-5664 or [email protected].
Approved SSO's for the 2021-2022 school year:
• Cheatham County Central Football
• East Cheatham Elementary PTO
• Harpeth Baseball Booster Club
• Harpeth Fastbreak Club
• Harpeth High School Band Boosters
• Harpeth High School Football Booster Club
• Harpeth High School Volleyball Club
• Harpeth Hoops Booster Club
• Harpeth Takedown Club
• Kingston Springs Elementary PTO
• Pegram Elementary PTO
• Pleasant View Elementary PTO
• Sycamore High School Band Boosters
• Sycamore High School Boys Basketball Association
• Sycamore War Eagle Baseball Association
• Sycamore War Eagles Football Association
• Sycamore War Eagle Softball
• Sycamore War Eagle Women’s Basketball Association
• Sycamore War Eagle Wrestling
• West Cheatham Elementary PTO