School Support Organizations
School Support Organizations (SSO) are a valued resource and much appreciated supporters of our students and schools. Volunteers with our SSOs work hand in hand with our schools and are required to follow certain guidelines and policies as defined in the Tennessee Code Annotated 49-2-603 (School Support Organization Financial Accountability Act - S.S.O.F.A.A.) and Cheatham County Board of Education Board Policy, titled: School Support Organizations.
SSOs must be approved by the principal of the school they are affiliated with and the Director of Schools or his designee. Each SSO must provide documentation annually that shows their financial activities, the volunteers in charge of the SSO, that the SSO is a registered non-profit in good standing and, if applicable, has been federally recognized and retains active status as a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Cheatham County School District offers an annual SSO training and informational meeting. The meetings are usually held in September once SSOs are approved.
All annual SSO paperwork is due June 15.
Any questions about an organization’s validity or legitimacy should be directed to Angela Patterson at 615-792-5664 or email@example.com.
• East Cheatham Elementary P.T.O
• Sycamore High School Football Association
• Harpeth Band Boosters
• Harpeth Volleyball Club
• Harpeth Football Booster Club
• Sycamore War Eagle Wrestling Association
• Pleasant View Elementary PTO
• SHS Women’s Basketball Association
• Kingston Springs Elementary PTO
• West Cheatham Elementary PTO
• Sycamore High School Boys Basketball Association
• Cheatham County Central Football Association
• Harpeth Fastbreak Club
• Harpeth Takedown Club
• Ashland City PTO