School Support Organizations
School Support Organizations (SSO) are a valued resource and much appreciated supporters of our students and schools. Volunteers with our SSOs work hand in hand with our schools and are required to follow certain guidelines and policies as defined in the Tennessee Code Annotated 49-2-603 (School Support Organization Financial Accountability Act - S.S.O.F.A.A.) and Cheatham County Board of Education Board Policy, titled: School Support Organizations.
SSOs must be approved by the principal of the school they are affiliated with and the Director of Schools or his designee. Each SSO must provide documentation annually that shows their financial activities, the volunteers in charge of the SSO, that the SSO is a registered non-profit in good standing and, if applicable, has been federally recognized and retains active status as a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Cheatham County School District requires annual SSO training and informational meeting. The meetings are held once books are reviewed in early August and required for approval.
All annual SSO paperwork is due June 15.
Any questions about an organization’s validity or legitimacy should be directed to Tracy Michon at 615-792-5664 or [email protected].
2023-2024 Approved SSOs:
• Harpeth High Band Boosters
• Sycamore High Band Boosters
• Pleasant View Elementary School PTO
• Cheatham Middle School PTO
• Harpeth High Volleyball SSO
• Kingston Springs Elementary PTO
• Pegram Elementary PTO
• Sycamore War Eagles Soccer Association
• SWE Football Association
• CCCHS Football Booster Club
• East Cheatham PTO
• Sycamore High Boys' Basketball SSO
• Harpeth High Fastbreak Club (Boys Basketball)
• Ashland City Elementary STEM Academy PTO
• Harpeth Football Booster Club
• Harpeth Hoops Booster Club
• Harpeth Takedown Club
• Sycamore War Eagle Baseball
• Sycamore War Eagle Wrestling
• West Cheatham Elementary PTO
• Sycamore War Eagles Girl's Basketball SSO