School Support Organizations
School Support Organizations (SSO) are a valued resource and much appreciated supporters of our students and schools. Volunteers with our SSOs work hand in hand with our schools and are required to follow certain guidelines and policies as defined in the Tennessee Code Annotated 49-2-603 (School Support Organization Financial Accountability Act - S.S.O.F.A.A.) and Cheatham County Board of Education Board Policy, titled: School Support Organizations.
SSOs must be approved by the principal of the school they are affiliated with and the Director of Schools or his designee. Each SSO must provide documentation annually that shows their financial activities, the volunteers in charge of the SSO, that the SSO is a registered non-profit in good standing and, if applicable, has been federally recognized and retains active status as a 501(c)(3) organization.
The Cheatham County School District requires annual SSO training and informational meeting. The meetings are held once books are reviewed in early August and required for approval.
All annual SSO paperwork is due June 15.
Any questions about an organization’s validity or legitimacy should be directed to Angela Patterson at 615-792-5664 or [email protected].
Approved SSO's for the 2022-2023 school year are:
• Pleasant View Elementary PTO
• Harpeth High School Band Boosters
• Sycamore War Eagle Football Association
• Sycamore High School Band Boosters
• Kingston Springs Elementary PTO
• Harpeth Volleyball Club
• Cheatham County Central Football Boosters
• Sycamore Boys Basketball SSO
• East Cheatham Elementary PTO
• Sycamore War Eagle Women's Basketball Association
• Sycamore War Eagle Soccer Association
• Pegram Elementary School PTO
• Sycamore War Eagle Wrestling
• West Cheatham Elementary School PTO
• Harpeth Fastbreak Club
• Harpeth Takedown Club
• Harpeth High Football Boosters
• Sycamore War Eagle Baseball Association
• Harpeth Hoops
• Harpeth High School Baseball Boosters
• Sycamore War Eagle Softball Association