We would like to welcome you and your student to the Cheatham County School District.
If you are new to the district, you can register your child at the school they will be attending.
It takes approximate 30 minutes to complete an enrollment packet. The legal guardian must be present to complete the enrollment packet. Your child does not have to be present.
Items you need to bring with you:
• Proof of child’s age (examples: birth certificate, passport, tax return, medical record, etc.)
• Up-to-date immunization record (must be on official state of Tennessee form)
• Proof of physical exam (must be up-to-date on official state of Tennessee form)
• Custody/Guardianship papers signed by a judge (only if child is not living with both biological parents)
• Three current proofs of residence (examples: utility bills, driver’s license, rent/mortgage agreement, auto registration, voter registration, bank statement).
In the event you have questions or need more information on what school your child is zoned to attend, please contact us at 615-792-5664.
For the 2023-2024 school year, children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 15, 2023, in order to be eligible to start kindergarten.
Will your child miss the cutoff of Aug. 15, 2023, to attend kindergarten next school year? If so and they turn 5 years old by Sept. 30, 2023, they have an opportunity to qualify for early access to enter kindergarten. The deadline to apply for the 2023-2024 school year is May 1, 2023. More information can be found here
Families can also register their child online by clicking here