Inclusive Preschool Program
The Cheatham County Inclusive Preschool Program is available at 4 sites across the Cheatham County School District. These classes are inclusive education classes for children ages 3-5.
Up to eight peer models will be enrolled at each site to serve as peer helpers and models to students with disabilities. The Inclusive Preschool classroom is a structured inclusive learning environment. Children with disabilities share the classroom with typically developing children, and each group learns from and appreciates the other.
The peer model application process is not intended for students already identified with an educational disability.
Hours: School begins at 7:45 a.m. and ends at 1:15 p.m. Times for breakfast and lunch will be part of your child’s daily routine. Parents are responsible for transportation to and from the program. Your child must be picked up at the designated time. Students are NOT permitted to stay on school campus after preschool dismissal.
To be accepted as a peer model, the following criteria must be met:
• Children must be at least 3 years of age, but not yet 5 by August 15, 2021 to be considered.
• Children must be completely toilet trained to be considered a peer model.
• Children should be easily understood in order to model appropriate speech and language.
• Children should demonstrate consistent, excellent behavior and developmentally appropriate social interactions.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Parents must have their children at the program on time and picked them up at the designated time.
If you are interested, please complete the contact form below. The fillable online form can be emailed to [email protected] or mailed to Donna Jacobs, 102 Elizabeth Street, Ashland City, TN 37015.
For more information, call Sarah Green at [email protected]