An important message to our parents and guardians of uprising Pre-K students (students who turn 4 on or before Aug. 15, 2020 and qualifying families that would be economically challenged or in poverty).
Due to COVID-19, the Cheatham County School District had to cancel its annual Pre-K application day that was scheduled for Saturday, April 18.
Our new plan for you to apply for the Voluntary Pre-K program is as follows:
On Monday, May 4, we will have paper application packets available for pick up at all 6 elementary schools in their lobbies or in a box by the front door, plus a box at the Board of Education, 102 Elizabeth Street in Ashland City.
Please take one and fill out the front and back of applications and also include copies of required paperwork:
- Proof of income: examples: 2019 tax return, or last 3 months’ paystubs, or proof of government assistance
- Proof of child’s age: birth certificate, or passport, or tax return, or medical document
- Up-to-date Immunization record and physical exam: this is on one form from your physician or health department
- Three current proofs of residence: examples: driver’s license, utility bills- (water, electricity, phone), voter registration card, checking account, auto registration, mortgage document, apartment lease
- Custody/Guardianship paper signed by a judge: only if child is not living with both biological parents
Important: We must have all these documents for your application to be processed.
After completion, please place all documents in the provided post-marked envelope and mail it to the Cheatham County Board of Education, 102 Elizabeth Street, Ashland City, TN 37015.
Be sure you list a phone number for contact on your application as we will discuss your paperwork with you over the phone and have a few questions to verify information.
You will then be notified by mail if you qualify, qualify but on a waiting list, or do not qualify for our Voluntary Pre-K Program.
More information will be coming for an online version as well by May 4.
Additional information about our Pre-K program can be found here.