The following is an important announcement from our Transportation Department regarding the 2020-2021 school year:
The Cheatham County School District recognizes the fact that safe and efficient school bus service is vital to the educational operation of the district.
While school bus transportation is offered to all students, this service is considered a privilege and not a right.
Due to the safety of all students, we encourage alternative modes of transportation for students who have other options in order to better maintain the safety of students during this COVID-19 health pandemic.
As a reminder to our families, buses will run, at capacity, regular routes each day.
In addition to the existing school bus expectations and guidelines, we are committed to the following precautions for students using the district’s bus transportation service:
● Ideally, for students riding the bus, symptom screening should be performed prior to being dropped off at the bus by parents or guardians.
● Bus drivers are not medical professionals and cannot make a diagnosis at the bus stop. Parents should screen students prior to morning stops. Students that have symptoms should not be at the bus stop or attempt to ride until the student has no symptoms.
● It is recommended that parents and students use face masks and practice social distancing at bus stop locations.
● Assigned seating will be posted above the windows. Students are expected to stay in his/her assigned seat for the entire trip. Assigned seats are vital for potential COVID-19 tracing.
● A face mask will be required of all students riding the bus. Drivers will wear masks during the loading and unloading process.
● Outdoor ventilation will be used by opening roof hatches and selected windows.
● Buses will be sanitized between routes with a CDC approved disinfectant.
● No bus passes issued until further notice.
● Refusal to wear a mask will result in suspension of bus privileges.