Our original reopening plan called for the Cheatham County School District to move to the hybrid schedule when the current number of active COVID-19 cases in Cheatham County hit 208. That number jumped to 216 on Monday.
As a result, our elementary and middle schools are moving to the hybrid schedule beginning Monday, Dec. 7 and will remain on this schedule through the end of the first semester on Friday, Dec. 18.
Our high schools are already on the hybrid schedule and will remain on this schedule through Dec. 18. High school students who are failing will still attend school in person five days a week.
Riverside Academy will remain on the traditional schedule (in person five days a week).
For those families and students who are new to the hybrid schedule, here’s how it works:
Students whose last names begin with A-K will attend school in-person on Mondays and Tuesdays and receive virtual instruction Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Students whose last names begin with L-Z will attend school in-person on Thursdays and Fridays and receive virtual instruction Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Our elementary and middle schools will be in communication with their families with additional academic instruction so please refer all questions to your student’s school.
Other important updates include:
• Middle school students who are failing two or more classes will attend school in person four days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) and affected students will be contacted by their school.
• Voluntary Pre-K students will be on the hybrid schedule during this time period.
• Buses will run their regularly-scheduled routes during this time period.
• Each school will have a food distribution on Wednesday, Dec. 9 and Wednesday, Dec. 16 for families to pick up breakfast and lunch, which are free to all students. Each school will communicate the times and locations for the pickups.
• The district is reducing the seating capacity to 25% for middle and high school winter sports. The GoFan website will be adjusted with these numbers. The district uses GoFan for all online ticket sales.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic.