The Cheatham County School District will begin kindergarten registration the week of April 5.
Children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 15, 2021, in order to be eligible to start kindergarten during the 2021-2022 school year.
Due to COVID-19, we will not be hosting an in-person Kindergarten Roundup at each elementary school this year.
However, our families have several options to register their children for kindergarten beginning April 5:
• Registration packets will be available for pick-up at the front entrance of each elementary school. Information will be included on how the packets and required documents can be returned or the school may share additional information on how they can be returned.
• Families can visit the district's website at www.cheathamcountyschools.net and look for “Kindergarten Registration” on the home page. You can download a packet that includes all the required district forms that need to be completed. Both English and Spanish versions are available. You can print and fill out the forms and return to your child's school (along with the required documents) or you can email the forms (along with the required documents) to the attendance clerk.
Here’s the email addresses for the attendance clerks at the elementary schools:
Ashland City Elementary STEM Academy: Shannon Martin, email@example.com
East Cheatham Elementary School: Janeen Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingston Springs Elementary School: Beth Gill, email@example.com
Pegram Elementary Fine Arts Magnet School: Chris Giffin, Christine.Giffin@ccstn.org
Pleasant View Elementary School: Kim Binkley, firstname.lastname@example.org
West Cheatham Elementary School: Pam Brown, email@example.com
• Families can register online through our Skyward student system. This is a new option this year for our families. You can use this system if you are new to the district or already have a student enrolled in the district. You will be able to upload the required documents using this option. To create a new Skyward account and begin new student enrollment, please visit here. If you have any questions about the online system, then please contact the school’s attendance clerk.
The required documents needed for kindergarten registration are:
• Proof of child’s age (birth certificate, passport, tax return, medical document, etc.)
• Immunization record/proof of physical exam (must be up-to-date on official state of Tennessee form)
• Three current proofs of residence (driver’s license, utility bills, rent/mortgage agreement, voter registration, bank statement, auto registration, etc.)
• Custody/Guardianship paper signed by a judge (only if child is not living with both biological parents)