The Cheatham County School District will begin kindergarten registration for the 2022-2023 school year the week of April 4.
Children must be 5 years old on or before Aug. 15, 2022, in order to be eligible to start kindergarten.
This year, we are hosting Kindergarten Round-Up Nights at each of our elementary schools for families to register, meet the staff and tour the school.
The times for the Round-Up Nights are from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Here’s the schedule:
• Monday, April 4: East Cheatham Elementary School and Pleasant View Elementary School
• Tuesday, April 5: Ashland City Elementary STEM Academy
• Thursday, April 7: West Cheatham Elementary School
• Friday, April 8: Pegram Elementary Fine Arts Magnet School and Kingston Springs Elementary School
The required documents needed for kindergarten registration are:
• Proof of child’s age (birth certificate, passport, tax return, medical document, etc.)
• Immunization record/proof of physical exam (must be up-to-date on official state of Tennessee form)
• Three current proofs of residence (driver’s license, utility bills, rent/mortgage agreement, voter registration, bank statement, auto registration, etc.)
• Custody/Guardianship paper signed by a judge (only if child is not living with both biological parents)
Families can download the registration packet (BELOW) that includes all the required district forms that need to be completed to register for kindergarten. Both English and Spanish versions are available. You can print and fill out the forms (along with the required documents) and return to your child's school.
If you are not able to attend one of the Round-Up Nights, registration packets will be available at the elementary schools. Please contact your child's school for more information.