The Cheatham County School District is pleased to be the recipient of $15,634.66 in education grants, which were provided through a cooperative effort between A. O. Smith and the Cheatham County Chamber of Commerce.
The district was awarded 12 grants through the Chamber of Commerce’s Foundation with funding provided by A.O. Smith.
Through a competitive application process, teachers across the district submitted grant proposals in the summer to fund projects not already funded through the regular school budget.
The following schools and teachers received grants for the 2022-23 school year:
• Cheatham Middle School: Jodi Miller, CMS Garden Club, $1,496.73
• East Cheatham Elementary School: Sara Stephenson, Outdoor Learning Lab, $1,478.92
• Harpeth High School: Krystal Moberly, Everyone Benefits from Makerspace in the Library, $1,455.58
• Harpeth High School: David Ufnar, 3D Creative Engineering Design, $1,259
• Harpeth Middle School: Allison Johnson, Plastic Mania, $686.01
• Kingston Springs Elementary School: Jennifer Crawford, Makerspace in the Library: Lego Brick Mosaics, $1,037.73
• Pegram Elementary School Fine Arts Magnet School, Jennifer Ufnar, Problem-Based Learning Unit, $1,490.92
• Pleasant View Elementary School: Jessica Ledbetter, Panthers Production, $1,121.92
• Riverside Academy, David Jones, Physical Education and Wellness, $1,480
• Sycamore High School: Fisher Bailey and Matt Galbreth, Physical Education Class Equipment, $1,500
• Sycamore Middle School: Mandi Batson and Robyn Miller, Welcome to the Learning Zone, $1,489
• West Cheatham Elementary School, Tara Canterbury, Back to Focus, $1,138.85