The School Board recently updated the school visitor policy, and the district will be implementing a new visitor management system, which will scan visitors IDs before they are granted entry to one of the schools.
With the Raptor Visitor Management System, visitors entering the school will be required to scan their driver’s license or passport. The system will compare the visitor’s name, date of birth and photo with the national database of sex offenders.
The system will store information so visitors will not have to repeat the process each time they visit the school.
Once the school budget is approved, the district will purchase the system through a grant.
Visitors will also be required to sign a log book.
As part of the updated school visitor policy, here’s the procedures and expectations for those visiting our schools:
• All visitors must utilize the buzz-in entry systems and enter through front of school buildings.
• All visitors must be greeted through buzz-in entry system then state name and purpose of visit before being allowed entry. (It is requested that visitors call ahead to prepare school staff of arrival.)
• All visitors must go directly to school’s front office and show Photo Identification then sign on school log.
• No visitors will be allowed to exit office and enter school building without valid Visitor Badge and/or staff escort.
• Visitors are not allowed to photograph, video, or record any students, staff, or event on any electronic device that will interrupt the educational process during the day.
• Before leaving school premises, visitors must sign out in front office.